The Regulation of electronic registration of candidates at Poznan University of Technology
This document has been translated from the Polish original for reference purposes only. In the event of any discrepancy between this document and the Polish original, the original shall prevail. The original Regulation can be found here: https://rekrutacja.put.poznan.pl/rules.vm.
- Paragraph 169 of Act dated 27 July 2005, Law on Higher Education (2005 no 164, item 1365, with further changes).
- The Resolution of PUT Academic Senate on conditions and admission procedure for first year of studies (http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/uchwaly).
- The Decree of PUT Rector on recruitment schedule (http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/harmonogram-rekrutacji).
- The Decree of PUT Rector on fees amount for classes and for issuing of some documents (http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/oplata-rekrutacyjna).
Scope of registration
- PUT conducts an online registration of candidates for first and second-cycles of full-time and part-time studies.
- The online registration of candidates is conducted within the period specified in the registration schedule included in the PUT Rector's decree (http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/harmonogram-rekrutacji).
- The online registration of candidates includes all Faculties of the PUT. The current list of Faculties is available on http://www.put.edu.pl/content/structure-put.
- The online registration for first-cycle of study includes candidates, including foreigners, who graduated secondary school in Poland.
- Polish citizens applying for first-cycle of study who graduated a foreign secondary school and candidates for the first and second-cycle studies who are foreigners with the exception of those mentioned in point 4, should contact the Recruitment Panel.
- The Ksantypa registration system is used in the electronic candidates registration.
- The following steps should be made in order to be registered in the Ksantypa system:
- create an individual account with the PESEL number as login,
- fill in the electronic form with the necessary data including the maturity exam results,
- choose fields of study (first-cycle of study) or fields and specialization (second-cycle studies),
- pay the recruitment fee,
- print the application form.
- The Ksantypa system allows the candidates to arrange the chosen field of study on a priority list.
- The Ksantypa system will create for each candidate an individual account number on which all the recruitment fees should be made.
- The rules of charging fees for particular fields of study specified in PUT Academic Senate Resolution on conditions and admission procedure for first year of studies. The exact amounts of fees are specified in the PUT Rector's Decree concerning fees (http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/uchwaly; http://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/oplata-rekrutacyjna).
- Any payment made by the candidate is registered in the Ksantypa system.
- If the payment is not registered in the system within one week or by the end of registration process the candidate should contact the Recruitment Panel to clarify the situation and present the proof of payment. It is recommended to make the payments in the most time effective way to avoid any delays e.g. by online banking.
Validity of registration
- The online registration is considered valid after providing all necessary data by the candidate paying the registration fee and after receiving by PUT the bank confirmation of recruitment transfer. The consequences of providing incorrect, incomplete or false data in the application form will be taken by the candidate.
- The PUT holds the rights to periodically switch off the system for purposes of conservation and servicing. The system status and information about service breaks are published on:
- PUT is not responsible for internet breakdowns, server overloads or server malfunctions and other similar events.
- Should such a situation take place, the candidate should make contact with the Recruitment Panel within the registration deadline. Contact with the Recruitment Panel is possible through Education and Students' Affairs Office or through LifeLong Learning and International Education Office (contact information is available on the PUT website http://www.put.edu.pl/content/important-numbers).
Security and confidentiality of data
- Communication between user terminal and Ksantypa system is performed with SSL protocol which assures cryptographical security of sent data.
- Candidate during the registration process is oblige to create individual account, which is identified by candidate's PESEL, and access code is password in form of characters sequence. Password must have from 6 to 16 alphanumeric chars, with at least 2 letters and 2 numbers (e.g.: JohnT23).
- Candidate can access his account with web browser on page: https://rekrutacja.put.poznan.pl by starting the session (logging in) after providing his identificator and access password.
- After candidate finished using his account in Ksantypa system candidate is oblige ends his session (logging out) and closing the web browser window, which he was using, in case to protect his own account against unauthorised access of third parties. PUT is not responsible for the effects of account interception by third parties because of not keeping above security principles.
- Candidate is obliged to keep in secret password to his personal account.
- PUT is not responsible of effects of providing password to third parties.
- Acces password for the individual account must contains at least 6 characters (group of characters containing lower and upper-case letters, and numbers), with at least 2 chars which are non letters and 2 chars which are letters.
- Candidate is obliged to provide acceptence for processing the personal data from electronical form for the purposes of the enrollment procedure, according with Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 1997 no. 133, item: 883 with further amendments).
- Personal data collected during the electronic registration of candidates are used only for the purposes intended for this purpose and are not provided to third parties with the exception of law enforcement and other authorised institution operating under and pursant to the relevant regulations.
- Ksantypa system assures the security of the stored data of candidates according with Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 1997 no. 133, item: 883 with further amendments).
- Ksantypa system register all events about action performed by the candidates who registers in the system.
- Server of Ksantypa system register all events related to its operation.
- Attempts to gain unauthorised access to server or to the Ksantypa system working on it performed by canidate, atacks which blocks the system, breaking the security, interception, steal or destroying of the data of registered candidates are documented by Poznan University of Technology. The result of such operation is disqualifcation of candidate from enrollment process.
Personal data of candidates which applies for studies are subject of protection.
- Entity processing personal data: Poznan University of Technology based in Poznan 60-965, pl. M. Skłodowskiej-Curie 5
- Administrator of personal data: Rector of Poznan University of Technology
- Purpose of collecting data: performing candidates recrutations for studies at Poznan University of Technology
- Legal basis: Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 with further amendments (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 1997 no. 133, item: 883 with further amendments).