Regulations of electronic registration of candidates at Poznan University of Technology
- Laws and regulations:
- The Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1668).
- The Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 27 September 2018 on studies (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1861) § 44 paragraph 2.
- The Act of 21 November 1967 on the universal defense of the Republic of Poland (consolidated text Journal of Laws 2017 item 1430 as amended).
- The Act of 27 August 1997 on vocational and social rehabilitation and employment of disabled people (consolidated text Journal of Laws 2018 item 511 as amended).
- The Resolutions of the Academic Senate of Poznan University of Technology:
- on conditions and admission procedure for the first year of studies (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/uchwaly).
- on regarding the rules of recruitment for a doctoral school (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/rekrutacja/szkola-doktorska).
- The Decrees of the Rector of Poznan University of Technology:
- on the detailed recruitment organization (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/harmonogram-rekrutacji).
- on fees for classes and for issuing of some documents (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/oplata-rekrutacyjna).
- on taking up and pursuing studies at the Poznan University of Technology by non-Polish citizens.
Scope of registration
- Poznan University of Technology conducts an online registration of candidates for the first-cycle and second-cycle studies and for Doctoral School.
- Online registration of candidates is conducted within the period specified in the registration schedule specified in the Poznan University of Technology Rector's decree (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/harmonogram-rekrutacji).
- Online registration of candidates applies to Polish citizens and foreigners.
- Online registration of candidates for a Doctoral School is analogous to the recruitment of candidates for the first-cycle and second-cycle studies, except that the discipline is understood as a field of study, and admission to studies means admission to a Doctoral School. There is no fee for recruitment for a Doctoral School.
- The enrollment system available at https://rekrutacja.put.poznan.pl/en/ is used for the electronic registration of candidates.
- The following steps should be made in the enrollment system:
- creating an individual account,
- filling in the required personal data and data concerning previous education,
- choosing the fields of study,
- submitting required documents,
- paying the recruitment fee,
- printing the application form.
- The enrollment system allows the candidate to arrange chosen fields of study as a priority list.
- The enrollment system will generate an individual bank account number for each candidate into which all the recruitment fees should be paid.
- The rules of charging fees are specified in The Decree of the Rector of Poznan University of Technology on fees for classes and for issuing of some documents in a given academic year (https://www.put.poznan.pl/pl/zasady-rekrutacji/oplata-rekrutacyjna).
- Any payment of the recruitment fee made by the candidate is registered and visible in the enrollment system.
- If the payment is not registered in the system within one week or by the end of registration process, the candidate should contact the recruitment panel to clarify the situation and present the proof of payment. It is recommended that the payments are made in the way that guarantees the most efficient cash flow.
- The condition for recognizing the payment is obtaining by Poznan University of Technology a bank confirmation of the payment to the bank account of Poznan University of Technology.
Validity of registration
- The recruitment panel will accept the candidate's application only after proper registration in the enrollment system, payment of the recruitment fee and delivery of a set of required documents in accordance with the recruitment schedule.
- The candidate is responsible for filling in the fields of the electronic registration form correctly.
- Poznan University of Technology holds the rights to periodically switch off the enrollment system for purposes of conservation and servicing. The system status and information about service breaks are published on the enrollment system website (https://rekrutacja.put.poznan.pl),
- Poznan University of Technology is not responsible for the lack of registration opportunities due to reasons that the University has no influence on.
- In case of difficulties in registration the candidate should contact the recruitment panel within the registration deadline. Contact with the recruitment panel is possible through email firstname.lastname@example.org, for foreigners through email email@example.com and for candidates for Doctoral School through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and confidentiality of data
- Communication between the user's terminal and the enrollment system is performed using SSL protocol which assures cryptographical security of sent data.
- The candidate can access the account with the use of a web browser, logging in with a user ID and access password.
- The password for the individual account must be at least 8 characters (group of characters containing lower and upper-case letters, digits, and special characters), with at least 2 chars which are letters and 2 chars which are digits.
- Having finished using the enrollment system, the candidate is obliged to log out.
- The candidate is obliged to keep the password to the enrollment system secret.
- Poznan University of Technology is not responsible for the results of any third party's activities within the enrollment system.
- When applying and entering personal data in the enrollment system, the candidate confirms that they have been informed about the purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data and about the personal data administrator.
- The enrollment system assures the security of the stored data of candidates according to article 32 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- The enrollment system stores information locally in cookie files in order to remember an authenticated user's session and to collect statistical information about the manner of using websites. In the latter end, the recruitment system uses the Google Analytics service.
- The enrollment system registers all the events related to the actions of users and all the events related to its operation. Attempts to gain unauthorised access to the server or to the enrollment system working on it, attacks which block the system, breaking the security, interception, stealing or destroying the data of registered candidates are documented by Poznan University of Technology. The result of such operations is disqualification of the candidate from the enrollment process.
Information and access to personal data
Pursuant to article 13 paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR) we inform that:
- The administrator of personal data is Poznan University of Technology, pl. Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 5, 60-965 Poznań, contact: email: email@example.com, telephone: +48 61 665 3639.
- The administrator of personal data has appointed the Data Protection Officer, Mr. Piotr Otomański, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data is processed for the recruitment of candidates for studies or for Doctoral School. Personal data is processed based on: article 69 of Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, § 15 paragraph 1 of Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 27 September 2018 on studies in conjunction with article 6 paragraph 1 letter c GDPR.
- The data of accepted for studies will be processed in order to carry out the education process and stored for a period of 50 years (§ 15 of the Regulation on studies).
- Personal data of candidates may be shared with IT service providers (article 28 paragraph 1 GDPR), they can also be made available to authorities authorized to process them on the basis of legal provisions. Personal data of candidates performing the payment are shared with the payment service provider on the basis of a separate consent for the disclosure of data (article 6 paragraph 1 letter a GDPR).
- Any data subject has the right to access their data and the right to have it rectified. Each person has the right to request the administrator of personal data to restrict data processing. Persons whose personal data are processed on the basis of article 6 paragraph 1 letter c of GDPR, as in this case, are not entitled to transfer personal data or to object to further processing. The list of processed data is presented in the enrollment system after logging in. Each person has the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is required to participate in the recruitment process. Providing personal data is required on the basis of the above-mentioned legal acts. Failure to provide personal data prevents participation in recruitment.
- No automated decisions are made based on stored personal data.